Sopcast How to Guide
For those who are new to sopcast, I’ll here detail the steps which will enable you to watch Live cricket from the sites which has sopcast embedded.
Things you need to know:
Sopcast is a P2P Client, which means there will be one master source who streams the content and the all other users who are watching the stream act as secondary sources. So when you watch the sopcast stream you not only download the media content, you may also upload the media content which you have downloaded for others. To make it simple its like Torrent client, download and upload for others. Advantage is the original streamer can stream with less bandwidth and all users will add to the bandwidth to make the stream better. So more the viewers better the Stream quality.
Minimum System requirements:
- Windows PC with IE 6.0 or Higher and Windows Media Player 9 or higher.
- Sopcast Plugin Installed.
- Min 512Kbps DSL Internet Connection. (1MB or more would be good)
- Update IE and Media Player if required to meet the minimum requirements.
- Install sopcast Plugin if you don’t have it already ( You can download using one of the links Download Plugin
- Close Internet Explorer and Open Again.
- Stop any downloads/Torrents/Ares/shareaza/Other P2P Clients
- Thats it,You are ready to watch sopcast Streams, Open any site which shows sopcast streams in Internet Explorer only.
How do I know my System is ready:
- Open the Site which has sopcast stream embeed in it.
- You should be able to see a Player like window with Sopcast logo.
- The status bar of sopcast should either say connecting, stopped, Channel offline, No peers to Connect, Cannot retrieve data.